Forgetting your meds.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Forgetting your meds.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  anguscole41 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Author

Ranma
    Participant

It’s usually when I’m late for work, I can’t take all my meds at the same time in the morning because it hurts my stomach, I take the absolute have to haves first and Concerta is near bottom of the list.
    So guess what, I forgot it this morning, and its making for long rough day, I have to make a considerable effort to concentrate then pile a brain stuck in overdrive on top of that plus a taxing commute home, I’m going to be burned out when or if I make it home.
    I definitely have to start keeping a few Concerta in my purse for times like this, ugh four more hours to go before I’m home and hiding under the covers coaxing my brain to slow down so I can take a much needed nap.

anguscole41
    Participant

that’s a good idea,keeping a few of your pills on your person at all times,I dont have a a problem forgetting my meds as I do notice when I dont take ththem,what I also like to do is wake up alot earlier on the days I need to be at work,I work at 4 am most work days so I’ll wake up at 2:30 am so I am able to take time to get ready so I dont forget anything needed as I’m not shuffling around in panic like I used to do.i only take one medication right now which is Vyvanse.good luck to you in the future,once you get into the habit of keep a few pills on you it will get easier.

Ranma
    Participant

The strange thing is, I’ll be burned out and exhausted when I get home but my brain will still be in overdrive.

AnimeCanuck
    Participant

I understand!

Sometime a week or two ago, I forgot to take my medicine (completely!) for the first time… and didn’t realize it until close to 4:30pm (usually I take one XL first thing in the morning when I wake up). I didn’t take one when I remembered because it’s XL and it might mess me up the next day… I didn’t get any studying done that day at all! (I’ve only been on this for a couple months, really surprised it didn’t happen sooner.)

… And commutes are painful. I hate my 1.5 hour commute during rush hours to and from work.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  AnimeCanuck.

Ranma
    Participant

Well I left work early to get ahead of the traffic, I made it home frazzled had a snack and took my nap, just as I finally got my brain quieted down and I dozed off, my bleepety bleep neighbor calls me, UGH!!
    I’m putting a few Concerta pills in my purse right now, literally.

anguscole41
    Participant

that is a great idea.i care a small med container around with me so I dont lose the medication,I tend to put things down and forget where they are.

anguscole41
    Participant

also if you ever forget to take your stim which I’ve done in the past,and your not need the medication you can always substitute with L-theanine which I’ve ddone.it helped me get through the day and if I got home to late to take the med I’d take another Theanine which is a supplement alternative.for me it worked very well.when you forget to take your meds I’m guessing it’s very noticeable,for me I’m a wreck,that’s why I’m very very on top of talim the Vyvanse when I wake up I make it habit to take it before I do anything else.as well if taking the meds at the same time hurts your stomach try spreading them apart,I’d make sure to take the important ones first,spread each out an hour apart when you notice the first med working take the second one and so on. just some things to think about

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.