ADD research project

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults ADD research project

This topic contains 12 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Kady 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Author

Rach
    Participant

Hi, I am looking at researching the experiences of women who have been diagnosed with ADD as adults (35+) for my doctoral thesis and wondered if anyone would be interested in sharing their story with me in an semi-structured interview? I have to get the ethics for my project approved first, however, just wanted to gauge if there is any interest?
    Thanks

Spiritsocean
    Participant

Hello,

I’d be more than happy to help.

Melissa

kharmin
    Participant

Hi, Rach ~

Good luck with the ethics approval process.
    Yes, I’d be happy to help, any way I can!

Kharmin

guacadeb
    Participant

I would be happy to share my story with you when your project gets approved. I was diagnosed at age 45; current age is 65.

Starsinhereyes
    Participant

I would love to share my story with you. Im 41 was diagnosed as a child at 12 but then lived untreated till recently just diagnosed as an adult at 41

Beowulf75
    Participant

I’d be delighted to assist you; however, I’m a male who…. hey! did you see that chicken!
    (Runs off)

LifeStartsNow
    Participant

Good morning. I have contributed to a doctoral study on nutrition for those with ADHD. I would be happy to contribute in any way I can to your study. Being diagnosed at 65 hit me hard; dealing with it hit me even harder. Please count me in.

Linda

kerrymiller
    Participant

Hi Rach

I was diagnosed at age 61. Would be happy to help.

Kerry

amznwmn
    Participant

I’ll add my name here as well. Would love to be a part of your study.

KylieAH
    Participant

Hi Rach,

I was diagnosed at age 42 and would be happy to help.

Best wishes,
    Kylie.

Angelacawein
    Participant

I was diagnosed at 35 years old and have plenty to say.

Angela Cawein

Kady
    Participant

I was diagnosed at age 43… 5 years ago. I’d be be happy to participate. Adult ADHD is still poorly understood. I recently disclosed to a supervisor that I have ADHD and she replied that she did too. “You do?!” I asked, feeling hopeful that she might understand it. “Oh, I mean I’m not diagnosed,” she said, “but you know I’m always on the go…” Sigh. Then there was my son’s guidance counselor(!) who said, “Well, as my son says, everyone who grew up in the 80’s is a little bit ADD. Hahaha.” Haha-sighhhhhh 😔
    Sorry to ramble. It’s an ongoing journey!

Kady
    Participant

Good luck with your approval process. Thank you for researching ADHD in adults!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.